Your shopping cart is empty!
Boşnak Böreği with Cheese 1.32Lb - 600Gr
- Brands TURKITCH INC
- Product Code: BosnianBorek-Cheese
- Availability: 100
- Börek is a family of baked filled pastries made of a thin flaky dough known as phyllo (or yufka), of Anatolian origins and found in the cuisines of the Balkans, Levant, Mediterranean, and other countries in Eastern Europe and Western Asia. A börek may be prepared in a large pan and cut into portions after baking or as individual pastries. The top of the börek is often sprinkled with sesame seeds.
- It may have been invented in the homeland of wheat, what is now modern Turkiye, in the Anatolian Provinces of the Ottoman Empire and it became a popular element of Ottoman cuisine
- Boşnak Böreği (Bosnian Börek) rolled börek in the former Yugoslavia, börek, also known as pita in Bosnia and Herzegovina exclusively, is an extremely common dish, made with yufka and the Bosnian variant is arguably the most regionally prominent. It may be eaten for any meal of the day. In Bosnia and Herzegovina, the börek is a meat-filled pastry, traditionally rolled in a spiral and cut into sections for serving.
- In 2012, Lonely Planet included the Bosnian börek in their "The World's Best Street Food" book.